Friday, November 5, 2010

The Little One

Holly is the smallest of all my pets.  He's also the last pet who came to be part of my pet family and the youngest.  For all of those reasons I sometimes refer to him as "the baby" or "the little one."  Being little Holly does things the rest of us can't like landing on the leaves of my plants or sitting on my fax machine.  Tonight, while I was in the kitchen and Chris and Holly were across the room playing in Chris' cage top play area, I thought I was hallucinating when I looked up and saw Holly sitting on Chris' back.  It looked like a scene out of the Musicians of Bremen.  The moment passed and I thought "no, can't be."  A moment later I looked up and there he was on Chris' back again!  I ran over to the cage to get a better look and sure enough I was not hallucinating.  But, once they heard me they turned their heads to look at me and Holly lost his balance and slid down Chris' back.  I don't want to know why Holly was on Chris' back, I just hope they don't hurt each other with their crazy antics.  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of this unbelievable sight, but I do have a photo of Holly balancing on my water glass.  How he managed to perch on the rim without knocking it over is a feat only a physicist could explain.

Holly perched on my glass, defying gravity

No comments:

Post a Comment