Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heating Up

While I was on the phone ordering Migraine Ice pads (cooling relief pads for migraine sufferers--you'd need them, too, if this bird lived with you), the cockatoo, Chris, was dismantling my heating unit, which he does on a regular basis. He picked up the grate out of it's casing and then he opened the hatch where the knobs are and pulled them off. I found one quickly but spent about 10 minutes crawling around with a flashlight (while he jumped on and off my back trying to grab the flashlight) searching for the other one. Finally, I decided to remove the front of the unit and, sure enough, the knob was in there. I also found two missing bird toys and a piece of pretzel in there that the other bird, Holly, must have dropped (he's a junk food junkie). While all of this was going on Holly was eating a gourmet cookie I had gotten in a goody bag the night before.




Luckily, I have a techno savvy cat, Monty, who helped me with this post while I was reassembling the heater.


No comments:

Post a Comment