Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Class Column Cockatoo

My Cornell Alumni Magazine arrived in the mail today and I am delighted to see that class columnist Brad Mehl included a mention of this blog from the news I sent in!  See text below:

Other classmates have been busy creating websites and blogs. Want to see a fun one? Go to http://www.cockatoochronicles.blogspot.com/. This site is a quirky blog from Alison Minton about her pet parrot. The parrot is an umbrella cockatoo who has done some professional modeling (he's registered with an animal agency). Alison reports "at home he does and says lots of really cute and funny things. He speaks pretty well and often shocks everyone with what he communicates. Everyone is always asking me about him (and my other parrot) and asking to see photos and meet them and have their kids meet them, etc., so I decided to create a fun blog with lots of photos and some videos. It's going to be called 'The Cockatoo Chronicles' and hopefully will entertain and educate people about these highly intelligent animals, many species of which are endangered or protected due to loss of rainforest habitat."

Thanks Brad!  Chris the Cockatoo and I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment